Monday, 16 January 2012

Is the Holocaust a hoax? No. Now shut up.

As anyone who reads this blog has probably realised by now, I enjoy a moan and that there are certain things which I absolutely can not stand. This ranges from badly behaved, screaming toddlers to pet owners who thinks it's cute when their dog chases me across the park (this occurs surprisingly frequently...) but most of all? People who think their small-mindedness and ignorance is impressive.

Now, I hate to generalise such people, or simplify what they stand for, there is a wide variety of different subjects in which they showcase their bizarre outlook on the world. The internet has served as an excellent method of showcasing these, and I'm all for freedom of speech and questioning the views handed to us on a plate as they are the ones which are normally the most incorrect. However, those who deny the Holocaust whilst hiding behind out of context quotes and who are screaming so hard that they have no evidence they are blind to what is right in front of them? I think they must have sunk the lowest.

The particular collection of 'articles' (although I would urge you to discard any academic connotations which this would imply) which I am cross at today can be found here. There is an abundance of quotes I could pick apart from this web page, so I'm going to give you some of my favorites to marvel at, such as: Roughly the equivalent of ten football fields should be packed full of gassed bodies to present as evidence, yet not one body has ever been discovered. Well, if I was that bent on destroying a human race presumably there would be a lot of hate there. Would you bother burying someone you hated that much? Or would you cremate them and dump the ashes which is far quicker and more efficient? I'd go for the latter too. I think I win this round.


Next? If Christians can accept as historical fact the Holocaust, despite all the powerful evidence that it is a hoax, what does that say about their ability to evaluate evidence? How about the fact that they base their entire belief system on a series of books: The Bible and The Gospel. Neither of which have any 'reputable' evidence, or even in some cases a clear author, now, I have a lot of respects for the faith held by Christians, but there is a distinct lack of clinical evidence or paper work to prove a lot of key things which can be proved for the Holocaust. You don't need to 'believe' in the Holocaust to look at the paperwork and legislation which has been signed and counter-signed by leading Nazis. On grounds of looking for the evidence which you're demanding, there is far more on the Holocaust side.


Not just are these people clearly wrong, they're plain insensitive. There's a comparison of Auschwitz to Disneyland. Even if you don't believe in the gas chambers, surely you can accept the many thousands who died of malnutrition and disease? Is it really acceptable to compare a place that grim to the happy, happy home of Minnie, Mickey and friends?


At the bottom of the page is a 'fun feature' - '66 Questions on the Holocaust'. Users of the website with a desire to know the answers are encouraged to send a stamped addressed envelope to their address and they'll post you a reply and whilst I just used Google to answer number 38 ('What is Typhus, I'm sure we all agree, the million dollar question) I am going to write a letter asking them to answer two for me: What evidence exists that six million Jews were not killed by the Nazis? . I can assure you that my letter will contain some evidence of my own indicating that they were indeed killed and if you want to co-sign it? You are of course more than welcome! :)

10 comments:

  1. anonymous, your comments made my head hurt.
    india, another beautifully written piece, couldn't agree more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you very much Mel, I really appreciate it! :)
      It amuses me endlessly that my blog is clearly causing them so much heartache, they'd be fine in an instant if the just closed the tab! :) Thank-you though <3

      Delete
  2. lol rnt riters ment to beleev in free speesh, u r deletin mi comments lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least this confirms that there's only one of you commenting as oppose to a legion of people forced to leave badly spelt, anonymous comments where people find the death of over 11 million innocent people so amusing.

      Delete
  3. isnt supressin the vews of dose hoo disagree wid dem kind ov a nazi thing to do lol

    bit irernic rlly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deleted your immature comments and so that gives you the right to compare me to a totalitarian regime which slaughtered millions of innocent people? Good one.

      Delete
  4. 2bh i tink dat da link u posted was mr covincin dan ur blog post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're so sure of that, I dare you to post with your name.

      Delete
  5. I simply could not agree more. Brilliantly written :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you very much, I greatly appreciate coherent anon's and your kindness is definitely an added bonus! :)

      Delete